Tax revenue is important to the City of Norfolk to be able to provide much needed services, especially in this time of economic turmoil when services are in greater demand. Timely payments will assist the City to keep these vital services operational.
- Due dates are March 31, 2020 and June 5, 2020 for Real Estate
- Due dates are June 5, 2020 for Personal Property taxes.
- Business tax filings are due by the 20th of each month. Businesses must file monthly.
- If you are not able to pay by the due dates no late fees will be assessed until August 2, 2020.
- Convenience fees for credit/debit cards and e-checks are waived until August 2, 2020.
If you do not want to pay any penalty, interest or convenience fees, pay your taxes before August 2, 2020, no exceptions.