COVID-19 Business Recovery
COVID-19 Business Resources
Insercorp LTD

Insercorp LTD
Insercorp LTD
Insercorp LTD
Insercorp LTD is pleased to announce the Grand Opening of the Bradshaw Building on Wednesday, March 18, 2015.
History of the Bradshaw Building
Insercorp LTD, founded in 2007, relocated to 300 N Main Street in
October 2014 into a historical building now known as the “Bradshaw Building”. Before it was the “Bradshaw Building”, it was known as the “Rhodes Building”; and before that, the “Professional Building”. This two story building (known at the time as The Farmers Bank of Franklin ) was the most modern structure in our town when it was erected in 1920, having a number of offices and suites in addition to the extensive quarters of the bank. It stood with 55x85 feet of rough texture brick and front columns, copings and trimmings of Indiana limestone. As you enter the building, you may notice the beautiful Old Dutch tiles used on the entrance floor. Once inside, the lobby area was finished in handsome white woodwork and an ornamental metal ceiling, installed by the
MansonSuter Company of Richmond.
The Farmers Bank of Franklin was organized March 16, 1916. One of the directors at the time was a W. M. Bradshaw. The president of the bank was Attorney E. L. Beale and the cashier was Edwin C. Beale. In the back of the front / main workroom, there was a vault made by the Diebold Company with 18inch walls of reinforced concrete and made of manganese steel, weighing in at a whopping 5,500 pounds and protected by a triple time lock, guaranteed at the time to be absolutely burglar proof. That vault is still here today inside the working quarters of Insercorp LTD.
The plans for this building were originally drawn by William Newton Diehl, a wellknown
Norfolk architect. E. C. Smith of Franklin was the contractor, this being one of the best of his
many wellconstructed buildings in Franklin and elsewhere. The original plumbing was done
by W. T. Pace, electric lights and fixtures by G. A. Sanderford, painting/interior decorating by
G. M. Whitley. All three were from Franklin. The heating system at the time was installed by
M. P. Hooker of Norfolk for the American Radiator Company.Photo courtesy Stephen Cowles, Tidewater News
On the second floor, the three front offices used to be occupied by a Dr. W. H. Arthur, a dentist who used this area for his reception room, operating room, xray room, laboratory, etc. Also on the second floor was the Commonwealth's Attorney R. E. L. Watkins, and W. O. Bristow who ran a real estate and insurance business. Other offices on this floor were taken by G. W. Pillow, insurance; E. E. Edwards, insurance; Orpin's Photo Studio and J. A. Williams. On the first floor, the corner office on the right was occupied by the Western UnionTelegraph Company. The one story part of the building facing Main Street (now a separate building occupied by Nationwide Insurance) was occupied by G. A. Sanderford, an electrical
contractor, where he had a pretty useful display of electrical conveniences and accessories. Insercorp is thrilled to be continuing in the history of this truly magnificent building and town. Becoming a Main Street business provides Insercorp with more visibility, allows further room for growth and expansion, and fosters improvement in quality and delivery of services to its continuously increasing clientbase. With the company relocating to the heart of downtown Franklin it allows the team at Insercorp to strive towards its efforts in building a stronger community.
“Moving to a permanent location on Main Street allows our company to be even more engaged with local businesses and the community. Our team is excited to take on this new endeavor as we begin our eighth year in business,” Tim Bradshaw, Founder & Owner of Insercorp LTD Sources: ; The Tidewater News, Volume 16, Number 3, November 12, 1920 (Courtesy Blackwater Regional Library)
Special thanks to Clyde Parker for finding the historical information from the Tidewater News archives.
Join Us
Youtube Icon
Linkedin Icon
Instagram Icon
Contact Icon