There will be an Affordable Care Act (ACA) Stakeholders Conference Calls on the Health Insurance Marketplace in Virginia on Tuesday, July 30, 2013. Registrations is required.
Register at: http://cmsregion3himva2.eventbrite.com
To best follow implementation efforts, and to answer questions you might have about how certain provisions may affect you, visit www.healthcare.gov, the central portal for information about health reform implementation.
Along with the updated website, a 24 hour call center for beneficiary questions has opened at 1-800-318-2596. There is also a “live chat” feature on the healthcare.gov website. Find out more here: https://www.healthcare.gov/help-center
Employer Responsibility: The effective date for the employer mandate has been delayed from January 1, 2014 to January 1, 2015. Beginning in 2015, employers with 50 or more full-time or full-time equivalent employees must offer medical coverage.
- The non-partisan Kaiser Family Foundation has put together a chart on the employer responsibility provisions that you can find at http://kff.org/infographic/employer-responsibility-under-the-affordable-care-act/
- The IRS has put together a page for employers that spells out some of the new requirements http://www.irs.gov/uac/Form-W-2-Reporting-of-Employer-Sponsored-Health-Coverage
WEBINARS: Small Business Majority and US Small Business Administration will be hosting Health 101 webinars for small business over the next two months. Registration is required, but the webinar is free. Please click on the date to sign up: July 25th, August 1st, August 8th, and August 15th
Health Insurance Reform and Marketplace: The Affordable Care Act reforms includes important reforms to our insurance system and establishes health insurance marketplaces where consumers can shop for insurance.
- To familiarize yourself with the some of these reforms, you can visit http://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/8399.pdf
- This video, titled “Understanding the Health Insurance Marketplace,” was put together in March of this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsqu_Ce8qec&feature=youtu.be
- There will be additional live webinars over the next two months for stakeholders who are interested. You can find the dates and register for them here: http://marketplace.cms.gov/NewsEvents/Webinars/spring-summer-2013-health-insurance-marketplace-training-schedule.pdf. The webinars are open to everyone but are tailored to answer provider questions.
Federal Agency ACA information:
All IRS information pertaining to the Affordable Care Act can be found here, which they will update as more information becomes available: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Affordable-Care-Act-Tax-Provisions
Department of Labor Frequently Asked Questions may help provide other answers http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/newsroom/tr12-01.html
Health and Human Services
For additional information, contact Elizabeth Falcone.
Senior Policy Advisor
Senator Mark R. Warner
101 West Main Street
Norfolk, VA 23510