The Generational Changers Summit is a one-day event designed to give young adults in Norfolk (ages 15-19) a deeper understanding of the importance of civic engagement and the necessary tools to jumpstart positive and proactive change in their community. Students will learn in interactive workshops how to create and implement social impact projects using their high school or college campus as a platform for ongoing change. Students will be challenged to design a social impact project of their own and will have the opportunity to win a $500 prize to implement that plan in Norfolk.
Workshop topics will include among others:
1. Take Center Stage: Change agent development & using your voice
2. Casting: Working within an organization: Learn the art of delegating, collaborating, communicating, and listening
3. Lights, Camera, Action: How to turn ideas into useful solutions- Planning & budgeting
4. The Stage Around You: How to use your high school and college campuses as platforms for social change
5. Utilize Your Co-stars: Round-table discussions about challenges and change
Make sure to register today to reserve your seat and get a free event t-shirt! Lunch will be provided by Subway. Questions concerning the summit may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you there!